In Singapore, everything is so easy and convenient. If you don’t like cooking, you can easily head to the hawker centre or foodcourt to takeaway your meals. For even more convenice, you can open up any food delivery app on your smartphone and have your meal delivered to you at home.
But what if you’re sick of eating out or having food delivery all the time? If you’re living in a co-living space and feel like it’s time to start preparing your meals, we suggest you go with some simple, mess-free recipes. These are not only quick and easy to prepare but also easy to clean up afterward.
Here are our top 5 meal suggestions that you can easily prepare in your co-living space.
Boil your favorite pasta (e.g., spaghetti, penne) until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare a simple sauce by sautéing garlic in olive oil. Add canned tomatoes or tomato sauce, along with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs for flavor.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and toss it in the sauce.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil if available.
2. One-pan Chicken and Vegetables
- Place chicken breast or thighs, along with a selection of your favorite vegetables (such as bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes), on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and your preferred herbs or spices.
- Roast everything in the oven at 200°C for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
3. Wraps or Sandwiches
- Fill tortillas, pita bread, or sandwich rolls with your choice of deli meats, cheese, fresh vegetables, and condiments.
- Wrap or assemble your sandwiches to your liking, and they’re ready to eat.
- Pair them with a side salad or some potato chips for extra flavor.
4. Smoothie Bowl
- Blend frozen fruits (e.g., berries, mango, banana) with yogurt or milk until you achieve a thick and creamy consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with granola, sliced almonds, chia seeds, and a drizzle of honey for added texture and flavor.
5. Instant noodles with a twist
- Elevate instant noodles by adding fresh or frozen vegetables, protein (e.g., cooked chicken, tofu, or a poached egg)
- Customise with your favorite toppings, such as sliced green onions, sesame seeds, or cilantro.
These meal ideas are not only quick and easy to prepare but also easy to clean up afterward. Plus, they offer plenty of room for customization, so you can adjust the ingredients to your preferences or whatever you have on hand in your co-living space’s kitchen. Enjoy your delicious and hassle-free meals!